The Respite Association is Spalding Sainsbury's 'Charity of the Year'
This is a big opportunity to get some much
needed funds in and to spread the word about the Respite Association's services. As some of you
know last year was the Association's record year in terms of the number of Carers they
helped, however the demand is rising rapidly due to cut backs and by the end
of June (half way point) this year they were already 52% up on grants to
unpaid Carers as against the whole of that record year.
Here are some notes from Preston Keeling at the Respite Association
- Sainsbury's will have our collecting buckets on every checkout for the whole year with the exception of the periods around
Children in Need day and Red Nose day.
- Likewise collecting boxes on customer service area.
- We are allocated a number of 3 day weekend spots during our year when
Sainsbury's hope we will be present and be doing something. December
15th/16th/17th is a busy week just before Christmas and I am looking for offers of help
for bag packing hopefully, so will be approaching various
organisations, Rotary, Lions, etc. Any helpful contacts and suggestions are
welcome NOW as we need to give people as much warning as we can. There are
normally eight checkouts in use at a time so we need a good few folk.
- We don't have the definite date for the January weekend but think it is
likely to be 12/13/14 but will confirm asap.
- Staff at Sainsbury's will be holding staff room raffles for cakes during
the year so if any of you fancy making a suitable cake(s) please let me know
- They are looking for suggestions about special days. how about the idea of an ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS DAY, I will mention this
when there next week. OTHER SUGGESTIONS NEEDED.
- We have our own noticeboard on the store wall adjacent to the Customer
service desk. This has our leaflet and newsletter on it now and will be
updated as we go through the year
Please let Preston Keeling know if you can be of any help - email: email@example.com
Respite Association Web site Here